Epoxy sealer for concrete floors
GEMCOAT EFS is low viscosity, two pot epoxy sealer for porous substrates such as concrete floors. It is formulated at low viscosity to allow penetration into porous surfaces. GEMCOAT EFS can then be overcoated with GEMCOAT EFC epoxy floor coating. It has low temperature cure and will tolerate damp surfaces and less than perfect surface preparation. It can be used for waterproofing concrete and is suitable for total immersion. It can be used for bonding new concrete to old concrete.
Download 4.150 GEMCOAT EFS Product Sheet
- Appearance: Base - low viscosity clear liquid
- Hardener - amber coloured low viscosity liquid
- Odour: low odour
- Flammability: flammable Solids: 100%
- Coating Type: Epoxy
- Packaging: 2 or 8 litre ,two part pack
- Mix ratio: 1:1
- Pot Life: 1/2 hrs at 20 degrees Celsius (100g mix)
- Coverage: 5-10 sq metres/litre (theoretical - depends on substrate)
- Dry to Recoat: Typically overnight - will vary according to temperature & humidity
- Concrete must be 28 days old.
- Remove laitance (alkaline salts on the surface formed during concrete cure) by either acid etching with 5% hydrochloric or grinding.
- All oil, grease , and other contaminants must be removed (GEMPREP 2000 is recommended).
- Loose rust, scale, and old paint must be removed.
Method of Application
- Thoroughly mix using a drill with a mixing blade.
- Rolling & brushing is preferred method of application.
- Dry to recoat is normally overnight but will vary depending on temperature & humidity. GEMCOAT EFS is normally overcoated with GEMCOAT EFC epoxy floor coating, or GEMCOAT EFT epoxy floor topping.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Do not ingest.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Protective clothing ,eye protection, and gloves should be worn.
- Do not breathe vapor or spray.
- Keep away from children.